We're a community of passionate people aiming to deliver exceptional pet care that's always there. Our goal is to be pioneers in the veterinary industry, using innovation and empathy to constantly improve our service. Get involved and join us in our Graduate Development Programme.
Our 12-month Graduate Development Programme provides you with an amazing learning experience post qualification. It consists of our unique and outstanding one-to-one tailored coaching and training, as well as a range of practical and e-learning modules. You’ll work under the guidance of an experienced mentor, learning practical skills and gaining that all-important confidence in a safe and supportive environment.
Best of all, you’re guaranteed a job at Medivet once your training is complete.
Additionally, our programme is available at multiple locations throughout the UK, and an ongoing intake means you can start at the time that suits you best.
You’ll experience during our 12-month programme:
- One-to-one training, mentoring and support: you will be surplus on the rota for 3 months so the stay during your training period will purely be dedicated to introducing you to every day practice
- Practical modules in important clinical subjects such as surgery, dentistry, dermatology, ophthalmology, ultrasound, cardiology, exotics and so much more
- In-depth e-learning modules to deepen your knowledge
- Resilience, Mental Health and leadership sessions
- Night training in critical care and emergency medicine
- A day with our blood transfusion unit
- A friendly and supportive environment
- Access to knowledgeable vets who can answer all of your questions
- A great career path post training period
Our Buddy System matches you with a dedicated clinician who’ll be on hand to help you settle in. Your first point of contact for advice, both clinical and non-clinical, their job is to help you integrate into the profession and Medivet, making sure you’re confident and happy. You will have regular Buddy meetings with your Buddy for a whole year to make sure everything is going smoothly for you.
During and upon successful completion of the Graduate Development Programme, your package will include:
- a salary package of £31,000 during the programme
- your RCVS fees and the first year of BSAVA membership paid for
- VDS cover and BVA membership paid for
- 4-day week after the first 3 months of one-to-one training
- 5 weeks' annual holiday plus Bank Holidays
- a fantastic MiniVetGuide book for quick clinical reference
- exclusive retail deals, days out, childcare vouchers and holiday scheme
- a guaranteed job, subject to the satisfactory completion of your training
My confidence has grown, and I feel that I’ve learned a lot due to having so many experienced colleagues to draw knowledge from
It has been a great programme for me and has really helped me with the transition from university to working life
I enjoyed the training as a whole especially working up complicated cases and support during surgery