As a full national lockdown is re-instated, our practices remain open and we will continue to operate contactless appointments for the ongoing safety of our colleagues and clients.
Protecting our colleagues and clients from local outbreaks and periods of self-isolation remains our highest priority, so that our teams can continue to care for your pets whenever they need us. We respectfully request that unless you're medically exempt, you wear a mask or face-covering at all times during your appointment.
Phone or video consultations
All of our practices are able to offer a phone or video-consult should you be unwell, self-isolating or have tested positive for Covid. Please do not visit the practice if any of these apply, we can still help your pet. Please call your local practice to arrange a phone or video consultation. This will enable us to quickly assess your pet’s needs and to discuss and agree next steps. Read more here.
Please note that we’re only able to see clients who have a pre-booked appointment, unless it’s an emergency
When attending an appointment, please be aware that our team will be wearing full PPE at all times. Please help us by:
- Respecting social distancing with our team and also with other clients
- Wearing a mask or face covering unless you're medically exempt
- Sanitising your hands before and after your appointment
- Using a contactless payment method wherever possible
- Being patient with our team as we do our best to look after your pets and keep everybody safe
Bringing your cat, rabbit or small pet to see us
- Please phone us to let us know you have arrived, whilst remaining in your vehicle or a safe distance from the practice door.
- A member of the team will come out to you or signal when they’re ready to collect your pet and will indicate where you should place your pet in their secure basket.
- Please then step back from your pet’s carrier to enable them to safely approach and collect your pet.
- The vet will contact you by phone during the consultation should they need to discuss anything with you.
- When we return your pet, please wait for your pet’s carrier to be placed down and for us to step away before you approach.
Bringing your dog to see us
- Please phone us to let us know you have arrived, whilst remaining in your vehicle or at a safe distance from the practice door.
- A member of the team will come out to you or signal when they’re ready to collect your dog and will advise on how best to safely hand over your dog. This may include:
- Asking you to ‘double-lead’ your dog to avoid direct contact – this can be a second or two-way lead.
- Asking you to stand away from your vehicle whilst a member of the team retrieves your dog from your car.
- Securely tethering your dog to a ‘dog park’ before stepping away to a safe distance and allowing a member of the team to approach.
- We’ll return your dog using one of the strict safeguarding measures that were followed for collection and suggest you sanitise or thoroughly wash your hands after your visit.
Medication and food
Please phone us to discuss and request medication and food orders. We will agree a day and time with you for collection – please only visit the practice at the agreed time.
- Please phone us to let us know when you have arrived, whilst remaining in your vehicle or a safe distance from the practice door.
- Our team will explain over the phone how we intend to get the medication to you. This could be:
- Placing the medication outside the practice door and asking you to collect; only once our team member has stepped away to a safe distance.
- A safe and secure box outside the practice or in the car park at a requested time.
Wherever possible, arrange to collect medication or food at the same time as another essential journey – this will avoid too many trips out. Alternatively, we can arrange to have medication posted to you – read more here.
Please be assured that we will only place medication in the secure box or outside the door once we are aware of your arrival. We will be monitoring it from a distance to ensure that everything stays safe and is collected by the right pet owner.
To help keep everybody safe
We would prefer to take contactless payment over the phone or by our online ‘pay by link’ facility but appreciate this might not always be possible, in which case we’ll safely collect cash from you with minimal contact.
Please be aware that each practice may operate slightly differently depending on their location and facilities. However, it will always be in a Covid secure manner and within guidelines. Please contact your local practice to discuss this further.