Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
We have a newly created position within our IT department as a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst.
This is a full-time, permanent position based at our Support Centre in Watford.
The purpose of the role is to help informed decision-making and solve business problems by converting data into information, selecting relevant data from data warehouses, manipulating large datasets, building decision models and facilitating insightful solutions to complex problems.
This is a key role to help identify requirements and solutions from key stakeholders, turning vision to reality through creative thinking and use of information and data.
- Ensure that the design and operation of the BI solutions are appropriate to meet the information and decision support requirements of the business.
- Lead discussions with key stakeholders to develop/shape requirements through to execution (cradle to grave)
- Liaise with external IT support providers to ensure effective delivery of relevant services for BI solutions
- Ad hoc data analysis for internal users
- Analyse data to identify business problems and provide solutions
- Develop the appropriate solution, Reports or Cubes using the Microsoft BI Suite as per requirements/need
- Support and maintain existing database and BI systems
- Implement changes to existing BI systems
- Review SQL Code and SSIS packages to ensure compliance with the defined standards and best practices and ensure optimal performance when released to the production environment
- Help define standards where they do not exist
- Maintain full documentation for BI solutions and related services together with associated communications documents
- Work with, partner with and lead by best behaviour and attitude driving the right behaviours of this critical function.
- ***Outstanding communication and analytical skills; capable of dealing with multiple demanding and senior stakeholders
- A good complete finisher that will follow through on actions agreed
- Ability to lead a team of people providing guidance and support
- ETL Tools - Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Data mining
- Basic Share Point
- Designing and developing systems that are maintainable, scalable, extensible, reliable and secure.
- Leading teams and projects.
- Has applied knowledge of:
- T-SQL (Advance)
- Microsoft BI tools (SSAS, SSRS, Pivot Table, Power Pivot, OLAP and MDX)
- Experience with Dimensional Data modelling
If this sounds like the role for you please apply with your CV attached.