Join the Medivet Graduate Support Programme
We're a community of passionate people aiming to deliver exceptional pet care that's always there. Our goal is to be pioneers in the veterinary industry, using innovation and empathy to constantly improve our service. Get involved and join us in our Graduate Support Programme.
Our graduate support programme provides you with outstanding one-to-one tailored coaching and training. You’ll work under the guidance of an experienced mentor, learning practical skills and gaining that all-important confidence in a safe and supportive environment.
You’ll also be given the opportunity to get involved in specialist equipment, such as our MRI and CT unit and cytology work in the lab.
Best of all, you’re guaranteed a job at Medivet once your training is complete. Additionally, our programme is available at multiple locations throughout the UK, and an ongoing intake means you can start at the time that suits you best.
- One-to-one training, mentoring and support
- Practical lab training, including cytology and haematology at our main laboratory
- Night training in critical care and emergency medicine
- Training in our MRI and CT unit at one of our main hospitals
- A friendly and supportive environment
- Access to knowledgeable vets who can answer all of your questions
- Workshops on effective consulting techniques, great customer service, and more
*Subject to location and availability
Our buddy system matches you with a dedicated clinician who’ll be on hand to help you settle in. Your first point of contact for advice, both clinical and non-clinical, their job is to help you integrate into the profession and Medivet, making sure you’re confident and happy.
Once you’ve completed the programme, you’ll be placed into a new, permanent role with the support of your buddy. This way you can progress and develop your skills and career within the Medivet family.
During and upon successful completion of the graduate support programme, your package will include:
- a salary package of up to £31,000 (including housing and vehicle allowance) during the programme
- a salary package of up to £40,000 (including housing and vehicle allowance) upon completion of the programme
- your RCVS fees and the first year of BSAVA membership paid for
- a generous CPD allowance of £1,500 per year, plus three CPD days
- VDS cover and BVA membership
- 5 weeks' annual holiday plus Bank Holidays
- a fantastic MiniVetGuide book for quick clinical reference
- exclusive retail deals, days out, childcare vouchers and holiday scheme
- a guaranteed job, subject to the satisfactory completion of your training.
My confidence has grown, and I feel that I’ve learned a lot due to having so many experienced colleagues to draw knowledge from